Skilled Community Network Program
Does your organisation need a project manager?
We’ve partnered with the Australian Institute of Project Management, ACT Chapter to strengthen and build the capacity of our community by matching volunteer project managers with Volunteer Involving Organisations. This is an exclusive service for Volunteering and Contact ACT members.
What is project management?
A key factor that distinguishes project management from just ‘management’ is that it has a final deliverable and a finite time-span, unlike management which is an ongoing process.
What services can a project manager provide?
- Initiating a project
- Defining and scoping a project
- Planning a project
- Project assurance (assessing how a project is going)
- Chairing a project board
- Coaching the project manager
- Managing a project
- Closing a project
- After action reviews of a project
What is a project?
A project is a unique, temporary endeavour to achieve specific objectives, defined in terms of outcomes or benefits. A project is deemed to be a success if it achieves the objectives within an agreed timeframe and budget.
What type of project qualifies for the program?
Any project that is relevant to the operations of a Not-for-Profit organisation will be considered. Proposed projects must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for the Skilled Volunteering CNP program:
- Projects should have an identifiable outcome and tangible benefit for the community organisation,
- Projects must have a specific time frame and finish date, and an estimate of the hours/wk required of the volunteer professional, and
- Projects will identify an objective, a scope of work, and the type of resources needed to complete the project (we can help you with this).
Some organisations may benefit from a mentoring arrangement whereby volunteers may mentor other volunteers or staff within these organisations to conduct the work required by the project.
*Please note that projects requiring ongoing operational assistance are not likely to be suitable for this program. These might be better suited to an ongoing volunteering role.
How do I participate in the program?
Complete the application form below to begin the process of matching your organisation with a volunteer project manager.
If you’ve never worked with a Project Manager before, don’t worry! We’re here to help you get started.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Harris on 02 6251 4060 or email email@example.com