Volunteering ACT, the brand of our Volunteering Services program, is the peak body for volunteering and the volunteer support service for the Canberra Region.
We offer a range of services to organisations including:
• Our general information service
• Access to training and professional development opportunities
• The Volunteer Referral Service
• Sector collaboration and promotion
For further information click here.
We assist individuals to engage in volunteering roles by:
• Listing all volunteer positions for the Canberra Region in one place
• Providing free information sessions about ‘Essentials for Volunteers’
• Assisting people to find the right volunteering role through our face-to-face referral service
For more information on how we can assist you to volunteer click here.
During the 2014 – 2015 financial year, Volunteering ACT:
• Assisted 8408 people towards becoming volunteers
• Referred 5216 volunteers to our member organisations
• Provided 2737 instances of support to community organisations
• Provided training to 182 volunteers
• Provided training to 327 volunteer managers
• Hosted 35 events (including training) to enhance and celebrate volunteering
• Heightened our social media reach with 1075 Facebook likes, 1270 Twitter followers, and 257 Instagram followers
• Raised the profile of volunteering by highlighting volunteering in the media 20 times
• Welcomed 56 new members