Guidelines and Information
These guidelines provide information that you need to know about the 2018 Volunteering Awards, Canberra Region, when considering your nomination/s. Please read carefully before completing the Nomination Form.
About the Awards
These Awards are presented to volunteers (individuals or teams), programs or organisations for their outstanding contribution to the community in the Canberra Region.
Awards are given to recognise excellence in voluntary service and are intended to enhance public awareness and appreciation of the quality and depth of voluntary service in the Canberra Region. The Awards are not seeking to identify a ‘best volunteer’.
- Recognition of category winners, who will each receive a trophy to commemorate their achievement.
- Recognition of highly commended nominees, who will receive a framed certificate.
- Recognition of all nominees (individuals, teams, programs and organisations), who will each receive a certificate of appreciation.
- All nominees will automatically be considered for the Volunteer of the Year Award. The Judging Panel will vote on Volunteer of the Year Award.
- All nominees will be entered into the Canberra’s Choice Award. Voting is open to the public and will commence online once nominations for the Awards have closed.
Volunteer individuals, teams, programs and organisations are eligible to be nominated for the 2018 Volunteering Awards, Canberra Region.
However, no volunteer individuals, teams, programs and organisations are eligible to be nominated for the 2018 Volunteering Awards, Canberra Region, if they have previously won an Award at the Volunteering Awards, Canberra Region.
All nominees and nominators will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony to be held on Tuesday 22 May 2018, during National Volunteer Week. Tickets will be limited to two per individual nomination. Tickets will be limited to five per team nomination. The limited ticket allocation is due to venue capacity. Volunteering and Contact ACT will keep accepting requests for additional tickets and allocate these at its discretion.
Award winners may be asked to attend other special events during the year to represent volunteering.
The Judging Panel will be made up of 6 individuals who will meet to review all nominations.
The Judging Panel will vote on winners for all Award Categories except for the Canberra’s Choice Award.
The Judging Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered regarding its selections.
All information and photos submitted may be used for media and marketing purposes in relation to the Awards and by Volunteering and Contact ACT more generally.
The closing date for nominations is Wednesday 6 April 2018.
For any enquiries and further information, please contact Volunteering and Contact ACT by emailing email@example.com or calling (02) 6251 4060.
With thanks to the generous support of our partners, we’re proud to deliver the 2018 Volunteering Awards to the Canberra Region.
Volunteer Team of the Year Award
Canberra’s Choice Award