Why should employees volunteer?
Employee volunteering is a flexible and ethical way for community-minded companies to exercise their corporate social responsibility. It offers businesses a viable alternative to donations or sponsorship. Research shows that employee volunteering assists with staff attraction and retention, enhances working relationships, and builds a company’s brand and reputation.
What is the Program VolunteeringWorks about?
VolunteeringWorks assists businesses to engage in meaningful and effective employee volunteering experiences. Through the Program we work with local businesses to tailor an employee volunteering program that meets their interests, needs, and strategic direction. VolunteeringWorks enhances the capacity of our member organisations by strategically channelling skilled volunteers into areas of need.
Through VolunteeringWorks we can
- Source volunteering placements from our membership base of over 160 volunteer involving organisations
- Ensure volunteer involving organisations have the appropriate infrastructure in place to ensure a successful volunteering placement
- Align a volunteering placement or program with strategic business objectives
- Develop recognition strategies for staff
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a volunteering placement
- Promote your business’ engagement with VolunteeringWorks
How much does is cost?
Every corporate is looking for different outcomes from their Employee Volunteering Program. Contact our Membership Coordinator, Jessica Harris, today, so we can discuss your requirements and provide a quote as per your needs. Jessica can be reached on (02) 6251 4060 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Callida Consulting is the inaugural member of the VolunteeringWorks program. Through the program Callida offers up to five skills-based volunteering placements to Volunteering and Contact ACT members each year. In 2015-16 Callida undertook pro-bono work in the volunteering sector to a value of over $30,000. Callida’s experienced consultants are happy to work with your organisation to ascertain how their services can enhance the capabilities of your organisation.